Life At The Home
Accommodation is provided in comfortable private bed-sitting rooms which each resident is encouraged to furnish themselves. There are 28 rooms, many of which have en-suite facilities.
- Open house at all times for visitors
- Attractive large gardens and putting green
- Stimulating social programme and excursions
- Individual telephone points in bedrooms if required
- Organised services in own chapel plus visits to church
- Comfortably furnished lounge with TV
- Communal newspapers
- Laundry for all residents
- Regular visits from local GP’s
- Visits from local clergy
- TV points in every room
- All meals in dining rooms or in resident’s own rooms
- Experienced qualified staff providing 24 hour care
- Nurse call system in every room
- Physiotherapy (arranged privately)
- Specialist baths
- Provision for special dietary needs
- Chiropody care (arranged privately)
Outings and Entertainment
The residents have the opportunity for many outings including attending concerts, pub lunches, visits to the sea, weekly shopping trips as well as visits to The Royal Hospital Chelsea for the Chelsea Flower Show and Founders Day.
There are also invitations to the annual Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall. Birthday parties are given for all residents, a wide variety of activities are arranged for residents, Christmas and Easter parties as well as a summer Garden Party are attended by In Pensioners from the Royal Hospital, the Royal Hospital Band provide the musical entertainment.